[Uim] Re: Turning on/off m17n-lib should be implemented to m17n-lib layer?

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Mon Oct 25 23:16:39 EEST 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:01:05 +0900 (JST)
UTUMI Hirosi <utuhiro78 at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> --- Kenichi Handa <handa at m17n.org> wrote:
> > I don't understand what is the problem.
>
> a) uim-anthy
> $ gedit
> Right click => choose uim-anthy
> Press shift+space => you can type Japanese
> Press shift+space again => you can type English
>
> b) uim-m17n-ja-anthy
> $ gedit
> Right click => choose uim-m17n-ja-anthy
> you can type Japanese
> Press shift+space => you can't go back to English
>
> That is inconvenient for users.
>

> > Why can uim toggle m17n-lib-based input methods?
>
> We don't know whether uim can toggle m17n or not.
> Hiroyuki said
> 'Turning on/off m17n-engines by shift+space' should be implemented to
> m17n-lib layer, But this is very critical problem for use, so Hiroyuki
> will CONSIDER a solution.

That's my intension. For practical use, the way to turning off the input
method is important (though maybe it's a programmer's view...). I think
such important feature should be implemented in m17n-lib itself. But
maybe my answer was wrong. You mean 'such feature should be implemented
in uim as switching between uim-direct and uim-m17n-* input methods', my
guess is right?

 I can't give an answer right now, need much time to consider. Anyway,
now I want to go to bed...

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki