[Uim] Re: Turning on/off m17n-lib should be implemented to m17n-lib layer?

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Tue Oct 26 22:07:01 EEST 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:25:14 +0900 (JST)
Kenichi Handa <handa at m17n.org> wrote:

> In article <20041026051639.3eb634b4.tkng at xem.jp>, TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
> <tkng at xem.jp> writes:
> >>  Hiroyuki said
> >>  'Turning on/off m17n-engines by shift+space' should be implemented
> >to>  m17n-lib layer, But this is very critical problem for use, so
> >Hiroyuki>  will CONSIDER a solution.
>
> > That's my intension. For practical use, the way to turning
> > off the input method is important (though maybe it's a
> > programmer's view...). I think such important feature
> > should be implemented in m17n-lib itself.
>
> The m17n-lib itself doesn't read user events.  How can it
> know when to toggle an input method?

The m17n-lib knows user's key events. They would be able to be used for
switching input modes of an input method. But I think that m17n-lib
can/can't is not a problem here, m17n-lib should/shouldn't is. (As I
wrote in the previous mail, I couldn't find an answer to this question
for now.)

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki