[Uim] Setting up for (traditional) Chinese and Japanese input on a modern GNOME installation

Duncan Mak duncan at ximian.com
Wed Sep 1 00:24:05 EEST 2004

Hello,

I got a new laptop recently and I'm running a SuSE 9.1-derivative on it.

I downloaded SCIM packages off the Taiwanese CLE site.

I'm trying to rebuild the UIM 0.4.2 source RPM. I'm getting this error:

uim-fep.c: In function `main':
uim-fep.c:201: warning: implicit declaration of function `setupterm'
uim-fep.c: In function `main_loop':
uim-fep.c:418: error: `clear_screen' undeclared (first use in this
function)
uim-fep.c:418: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
uim-fep.c:418: error: for each function it appears in.)
uim-fep.c:419: error: `clr_eos' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [uim_fep-uim-fep.o] Error 1

I also have the latest anthy source RPM (5500).

I remember a few months ago, James from the SCIM project started posting
to this list, but that was during the Mono 1.0 release cycle and I
didn't pay much attention to the list traffic. I remember reading how
SCIM should now be the new front-end to it all.

In the end, what should I do to setup a new machine to type Chinese
(traditional and occasionally simplified) and Japanese?

thanks,

Duncan.