[Uim] What's going on: the composer framework

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri Aug 5 16:24:02 EEST 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:02:56 +0900
YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> > I doubt the idea of lazy-instantiator. (i.e. I'm thinking all im
> > should be loaded automatically (if possible.))
>
> What did you mean by the words "loaded automatically"? All IMs
> are being loaded automatically in my sense. I can't imagine what
> you worried about.
>
> The instantiator is not responsible for the module loading
> feature (i.e. It is not a replacement of lazy-loading feature of
> current uim). It is designed to reduce resource consumptions
> until the instances are actually used. Suppose a GUI form which
> has 200 textareas that has discrete anthy input context for
> each.

Sorry, I misunderstood. But I still don't understand why
lazy-instantiator should be implemented as composer.

> > To tell the truth, you may not believe, I want to release 1.0 as
> > soon as possible. (If possible, I want to release 1.0 until the
> > year end.)
>
> Please let me know the specification you want on 1.0.

OK, I'll write my TODO list later.

> Does it contain so much features that requires time until the
> year end?  What are lacking against 0.4.8?

I can't guess because some feature may cause troubles deeply.

> > Now I'm not thinking composer framework is must item for 1.0,
> > because this big reorganization is likely to cause some troubles.
> > Introducing new code would cause drop-off in quality temporarily.
>
> The milestones I mentioned in the roadmap can be renamed to 1.x
> or 2.x. I don't persist in what is the uim 1.0.

I see.

> > Is is possible to introduce composer framework without affection to
> > other parts?
>
> The framework can be optional at uim 0.6 in my roadmap. Other
> than ng-anthy and ng-canna will not be affected.
>
> But 0.7 and later can't be.

I see.

> Since I want to develop the 0.7 as soon as possible once I achieved
> the 0.6, I want sooner release of your 1.0.

But I don't undestand this reason. i.e. Timing of starting to
develop 0.7 is related on the possiblity of affection?

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
tkng at xem.jp