[Uim] Updated roadmap to 1.0

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Thu Aug 18 01:27:53 EEST 2005

Hi, I updated my roadmap. Thanks to all people who gave replying.

* Schedule is not determined

 - Documentation
 - Web site update

* Until 0.5.0 (Aug or Sep 2005)

 - Fix lisense issue for uim-py
 - Improve module management
 -- Some word definition sould be improved. Now no one would
    be able to explain the difference of plugin/module/inputmethod
    clearly. (in progress)
 - create uim-immodule for Qt-Embedded (New)
 - Multi_key support (Done)
 - Speed up of apply button in uim-pref (Almost done)

* In 0.5 series (Sep to Oct 2005, hopefully)

 - Introduce SigScheme
 - Improve key event handling. This will need extension of libuim API.
 - Improve inter process communication.
 - Improve Japanese preedit handling.
 - Implement surrounding text support.
 - Merge Park's great Hangul module.
 - Eliminate uim-dict
 - Support dead key for latin input method
 - Support Thai input method
 - Merge uim.el
 -- Until this time , we should solve the confliction problem of uim-fep
    and uim.el

0.6 series will be stable series. Bug fix only.

* In 0.7 series (Oct to Dec 2005, hopefully)

 - Implement SCIM support (if possible).
 - Introduce composer (if possible).
 - Define C API for input method side
 - Define higher level API

0.8 series will be stable series. Bug fix only.

0.9 series will be used to stabilizing for 1.0.0. I hope this phase will
be short.

According my schedule, 1.0.0 will be released at Feb 2006.

If I've forgotten something, please notify.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
tkng at xem jp