[Uim] uim-0.4.6alpha1 released
tkng at xem.jp
Sat Feb 5 07:05:16 EET 2005
uim-0.4.6alpha1 was released. You can download source tarball via:
* This is alpha release, is not tested, doesn't satisfy all of 0.4.6's
release requirements. We provide this release only for developers and
* You can't use GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-xxxx. You should use GTK_IM_MODULE=uim
instead. Default input method is determined from current locale.
If you want to specify default input method, use uim-pref-gtk or
uim-pref-qt. (uim-pref-qt is exmerimental though.)
* You can't use XMODIFIERS=@im=uim-xxxx. You should use XMODIFIERS=@im=uim
* UimQt/uim-kdehelper is off by default. You should give --enable-qt
--enable-qt-immodule for configure script if you want to use them.
* Currently build system is broken. 'make releasetest' wouldn't work
Changes between 0.4.5 to 0.4.6alpha1
There're too many things to describe here. Following list is incomplete.
* uim-pref-gtk (new!)
- Preference tool
* UimQt (merged from sub project)
- You need to apply 'immodule for Qt' patch to use this.
* uim-kdehelper (merged from sub project)
- uim-candwin-qt, uim-pref-qt, uim-toolbar-qt.
- Many features are added.
- Plugin system is introduced. This will reduce both of memory
consumption and application start up time.
And many many many bug fixes! (and may a few enbugs...)
If you noticed a bug in uim-0.4.6aplha1, please tell us. You can post a
bug to fd.o's Bugzilla or this mailing list. You can check 0.4.6's RC
bugs via https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2304.
(Sorry if I've forgotten your name)
More information about the uim