[Uim] uim-0.4.6beta1 released
tkng at xem.jp
Sun Feb 20 15:19:44 EET 2005
uim-0.4.6beta1 is released. You can download source tarball via:
sha1sum: 53d3ee52b19058c5078a81c01a4c5e356e80e058 uim-0.4.6beta1.tar.gz
* This release includes *security fix*. If you are using 'immodule for
Qt' enabled Qt, you should upgrade your uim to 0.4.5.1 or 0.4.6beta1.
* This is beta release, not tested. We provide this release only for
developers and testers.
* You can't use GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-xxxx. You should use GTK_IM_MODULE=uim
instead. Default input method is determined from current locale.
If you want to specify default input method, use uim-pref-gtk or
uim-pref-qt. (uim-pref-qt is exmerimental though.)
* You can't use XMODIFIERS=@im=uim-xxxx. You should use XMODIFIERS=@im=uim
* UimQt/uim-kdehelper is off by default. You should give --with-qt
--with-qt-immodule for configure script explicitly if you want to use
Changes between 0.4.6alpha1 to 0.4.6beta1
- Added subgrouping feature.
- Added a missing header file.
* m17n-lib plugin
- Fixed some cadidate related bugs.
- Added -S option. (GNU screen mode)
- Fixed crash bug with F10 key with anthy
- Fixed compilation on Solaris8.
- Check added before calling getenv and execlp.
- Don't read/save personal dictionary if uid and euid is different.
And many bug fixes.
Changes between 0.4.5 to 0.4.6alpha1
There're too many things to describe here. Following list is incomplete.
* uim-pref-gtk (new!)
- Preference tool
* UimQt (merged from sub project)
- You need to apply 'immodule for Qt' patch to use this.
* uim-kdehelper (merged from sub project)
- uim-candwin-qt, uim-pref-qt, uim-toolbar-qt.
- Many features are added.
- Plugin system is introduced. This will reduce both of memory
consumption and application start up time.
And many many many bug fixes! (and may a few enbugs...)
If you noticed a bug in uim-0.4.6beta1, please tell us. You can post a
bug to fd.o's Bugzilla or this mailing list.
(Sorry if I've forgotten your name)
More information about the uim