[Uim] compilation error during libuim-custom

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Tue Feb 22 20:56:20 EET 2005

-On [20050222 07:32], Etsushi Kato (ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp) wrote:
>Tokunaga-san, I think you need to update your libtool to 1.5.14 before
>creating package of uim-0.4.6.  It contains some fix for DragonFly BSD.
>Also you can add fedora rawhide's patch for libtool about /usr/lib and
>/usr/lib64 problem (libtool-1.5.14-multilib.patch).

Yes, you need to have libtool 1.5.14 installed in order to have the
libtool.m4 file be picked up, which gets pulled in for configure.

After moving libtool 1.5 from .10 to .14 I now get:

checking whether the /usr/libexec/gcc34/gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... dragonfly1.1 ld.so

$ ls uim/.libs/*.so
uim/.libs/libuim-custom-enabler.so      uim/.libs/libuim-skk.so
uim/.libs/libuim-custom.so              uim/.libs/libuim.so

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Hypocrisy is the homage which vice pays to virtue...