[Uim] Re: Massive slowdown after revision 129

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Jan 7 03:25:44 EET 2005

Hi Etsushi, thanks for significant information.

At Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:29:07 +0900,
ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:09:17AM +0900,
> > YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > > Mmm... My tuning must not be effective for such performance
> > > (mainly affects memory consumption). It might be caused by some
> > > defect.

> I checked the behavior in r129 and I found that one to three GC occur
> with every key press in the revision.  This seems to causes the
> massive slowdown.
>
> With r128, GC occurs once per 20 to 55 key presses.
> With r146 (I now updated from r134), it occurs one per 4 to 11.
>
> Isn't it related to memory usage of the interpreter and the plugin
> system?  r146 has usable responsiveness for me, but it is still slower
> than r128.

I've now understood what you felt in r143. Yes, my tuning may
affect performance for such situation.

After testing r146, I've found two distinct problems.

1. too short GC cycle (since r143)
2. massive slowdown (since r129?)

I'll resolve 1. soon.

And I also fix 2. which causes exponential slowdown by
autorepeating a hundreds of kana-char in uim-skk. It seems to be
caused by improper memory consumption.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp