Pluggable module support in uim(was Re: [Uim] Will you upload daily snapshots of UIM?)

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri Jan 7 19:17:31 EET 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 03:59:06 +0900
YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> > > Is this list is used in im-switcher?
> >
> > No. What input methods are available or not depends on bridge and
> > locale. For example, you can't use uim-py with uim-xim and if locale
> > is ja_JP.eucJP. So im-switcher can't use statically defined input
> > method list. Legacy encoding support is very important in Japan ;-)
>
> What you said does not sound as 'like
> /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules'. What you want is in-process data?
> Or actually wants a file?

What I want is a file. In previous mail, I wrote my complaint and forgot
to write about what I want.

Why I want a file for input method list is that, because I want to know
infomation about avairable input methods without load actual plugin (I
want call them as 'module', but it's another topic. I'll write a new
mail for this.)

That is to say, if there is a list which include infomation about input
methods, we don't need to load all input methods at startup time. This
will reduce both of startup time and memory consumption.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
tkng at xem.jp