Pluggable module support in uim(was Re: [Uim] Will you upload daily snapshots of UIM?)

Etsushi Kato ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp
Sat Jan 8 07:36:42 EET 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 01:24:32PM +0900,
Etsushi Kato <ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp> wrote:

> First, even in Mac OS X (Darwin) module suffix is .so.  So
> PLUGIN_SUFFIX ".so" is enough for uim/plugin.c (no need to use
> #ifdefs).  ".dylib" is used for dynamic library in Mac OS X.

For more detail about Mac OS X's module and library, please see
http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/shared.php?phpLang=en#lib-and-mod

> Second, in order to create module (not dynamic library), you need to
> explicitly set "moduledir" and "module_LTLIBRARIES" in uim/Makefile.am.
>  Also set -rpath $(moduledir) -avoid-version -module $(no_undefined) in
> libuim_something_la_LDFLAGS.

This is partially done with r157.

> Third, don't use fixed value of "/usr/ib/uim/plugin" in scm/plugin.scm.
>  Please use configure time defined module directory for system's uim
> plugin directory.

This is also fixed with r157.  Thanks yamaken.

So I'm going to add "-rpath $(uim_plugindir) -avoid-version -module"
into plugins LDFLAGS, and remove ".dylib" in plugin.c.  Maybe
-no-undefined is not needed for us.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato