[Uim] Re: What should be done until 0.4.6

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Mon Jan 10 12:51:58 EET 2005

YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> さんは書きました:

> At Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:54:31 +0100,
> mfabian at suse.de wrote:
>> when using default configure options, r165 still crashes for me
>> in de_DE.UTF-8 on i386 (ja_JP.UTF-8 works. It doesn't crash on x86_64
>> in de_DE.UTF-8 either):
>>
>>     mike at kibou:~$ LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 uim-xim
> (snip)
>>     Supported conversion engines:
> (snip)
>>       direct ()
>
> This line is weird. It must always show 'direct (*)'.
>
> Please check following 2 status.
>
> 1. bottom of direct.scm installed in your environment
>
>   Compare 3rd line of following code fragment.
>
> (register-im
>  'direct
>  "*"  ;; wildcard language. see i18n.scm
>  "UTF-8"

[...]

I am very sorry, this was caused by a stupid patch of mine.

Quite a long time ago I had a bug report that uim-anthy was used as
the default in Mozilla as soon as uim was installed (gtk-immodule),
even in de_DE.UTF-8 locale. This confused some German users and
therefore I made a patch to replace "*" with "" to make it the default
for no language. With that old version of uim it worked OK.

But When updating uim, I adapted the patch without checking carefully
and replaced the "*" in the direct input method with "".

But apparently this is nonsense with the current version of uim.

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。