[Uim] Download issues

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Thu Jan 13 21:31:35 EET 2005

Hi,

# Please post to the list as a new mail if you want to talk about new topic.

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:37:46 -0000 (GMT)
mlb at jlevine.oiiiio.net wrote:

> Hello list,
>  Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but is there a place to
>  download
> non-tarball versions of uim? I have tried obvious places like:
>
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fUimDownload
> http://uim.freedesktop.org/wiki/UimDownload
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/uim-inputmethod/
>
> None of the above have working links. The first comes close but seems
> to have some formatting errors. I tried to download from every
> possible crafted URL I could think of at freedesktop.org but couldn't
> guess the right one.
>
> At home I got it fine through the Gentoo portage ebuild, but here at
> work I'm on Redhat Fedora and rpmfind.net only has source RPMs and
> RPMs made for other distros. Actually I'm new to Redhat, so it could
> be there's a major RPM site I don't know about. I couldn't find any
> reference to my problem in the mailing list archives, so perhaps you
> are all compiling from source? If so, maybe the homepage(s) should
> state that binaries are no longer available.
>
> Incidentally, the first two links listed above seem to disagree about
> whether there is a svn repository or not.

Sorry for my late replying.

Before the Nov 15 (fd.o was compromised at Nov 15), we'd provided uim's
RPM packages for Fedora. They were made by Yuhei Matsunaga. Since
there's no backup, RPMs are lost. Of course Yuhei has RPMs, but now I
can't contact to him. (I send a mail him before, but I've never recieved
his reply yet.)

But I heard that uim's RPMs are imported to CVS repository of Fedora
Extras.

Regars,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki