[Uim] Right click menu of toolbar

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Wed Jan 26 23:56:05 EET 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:28:50 +0900
YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> > The problem is that, if we implement this right-click menu, could we
> > remove 'sw' button from toolbar? I want to know your opinion.
>
> I think that we should not do so, since:
>
> - right-click operation is too expensive for frequent use

I agree. Right-clicking is high cost operation.

> - some users cannot find that the im-switching feature
>   is available
>
> "pref" button should also be shown as button due to same reason.
>
> But I also think that hiding the buttons by user using
> right-click menu such as following checkable one is useful.
>
> - show input method switcher button to toolbar
> - show preference button to toolbar

That may be nice interface, but messy a bit to implement. For now, we
should be patient with configure these setting from uim-pref.

> In addition, I have a plan about reimplementation for such
> buttons as follwoing.
>
> - Implement "exec im-switcher" as an action (See
>   action_exec_im_switcher of action.scm)
>
> - Bind the action to "sw" button
>
> The benefits are:
>
> - User can place the action to single button or arbitrary menu
>   (branch) as preferred
>
> - User can hide the action if unneeded
>
> - User can bind the action to arbitrary key sequence

That's nice. For me, left-clicking is also too high cost operation to
switch input method.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki