[Uim] Suggestion: im-label-name

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Jan 29 02:39:51 EET 2005

At Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:05:16 +0900,
tkng at xem.jp wrote:
(snip)
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:25:15 +0900
> YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > By the way, do you mean that C API
> > (uim_get_im_explanatory_name()) is also required?
>
> As a conclusion, following list is my candidate. If I implement, I'll
> use uim_get_im_human_readable_name. But I don't have enough energy to
> continue this discussion, you should use your best naming. Implementor
> sould have a right to determine the function name.
>
>  - Best: uim_get_im_human_readable_name
>  - Second best: uim_get_im_name_for_display
>  - Third best: uim_get_im_label or uim_get_im_name_label

Please answer again. Do you want C version of the API?

I had suggested a Scheme API and I don't need C API. I would not
like to add the C API to avoid scattering the API with premature
name.

I suggest that leaving the Scheme API im-label-name untouched at
now to close this issue. Otherwise discussion continues.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp