[Uim] Alpha release

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Sun Jan 30 23:19:15 EET 2005

Hi,

0.4.5 was released October 2004. Surprisingly, we have no release for
three months! We should provide new uim as soon as possible.

To go ahead, I want to make 'alpha1' release on next Tuesday. That would
be unstable, doesn't satisfy 0.4.6's release requirements, only for
developers. Many things may be changed until 0.4.6 final.

If alpha1 was too unstable then we can't test it, maybe I'll release
'alpha2', but the possibility is low. (I'm installing current svn head
on my system.)

I'll release beta1 after alpha. Beta1 should satisfy 0.4.6's release
requirements. Once beta1 was released, we must not add new feature to
uim. This release is for testers.

If beta1 is too unstable, we may have beta2 release.

Then, if no problem found, I'll release 0.4.6.

If all things go well, we can release new uim around February 13th.

Feb 4th: 0.4.6-alpha1
Feb 10th:  0.4.6-beta1
Feb 13th: 0.4.6-final

Regards,