[Uim] UIM Pinyin-big5 in Evolution

Jeffrey Blauner jblauner at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 21 05:23:06 EEST 2005

I am trying to use UIM Pinyin-big5 in Evolution, but each time I type a
character, Evolution crashes and exits.  No problems with simplified
characters and smart pinyin, only traditional and pinyin.  I am very new
to Linux, but have used other Chinese input products for years
(Twinbridge and MS).  I haven't seen any complaints posted, so I assume
I am doing something wrong?  Using Ubuntu 5.04, Evolution 2.2.1.1, and
Scim 1.0.2  Don't even know where to look to find the UIM version.

Regards
Jeffrey Blauner