[Uim] License question

Kenichi Handa handa at m17n.org
Thu Jul 21 15:26:57 EEST 2005

In article <E1DvDzp-0001c9-00 at etlken>, Kenichi Handa <handa at m17n.org> writes:
> I've just created one from the Unicode Han Database
> "Unihan.txt" using the entries kMandarin and kHanyuPinyu.
> As far as I see this page:
>     http://www.unicode.org/copyright.html#Exhibit1
> it's possible to use the resulting map in an LGPLed software.

> The resulting map contains over 20000 character entries more
> than pinyin.map and 96 character entries less (e.g. "ng" for
> U+5514).  As I don't know those 96 entries in pinyin.map are
> bugs or what missing in Unihan.txt, I'm now checking one by
> one in my Chinese dictionary (just 96, soon to be done).
> When I finish checking and adding missing one by hand to the
> map, I'll announce it.

I've just commited the attached file "zh-py.mim" in CVS
repository of m17n-db.  If you have already installed
m17n-lib and made uim or scim utilize it, you can use the
new map (provides more than 25000 Chinese characters) by
putting that file in /usr/share/m17n/ (or
/usr/local/share/m17n) and restarting uim or scim.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa at m17n.org