[Uim] Proposal for SigScheme

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Fri Jul 22 02:20:16 EEST 2005

Hi, All.

I receive the proposal for SigScheme as follows. This is
actually the contents of branches/r5rs/sigscheme/MEMO file.

> These issues should be resolved until 0.5.0. I'll remove
> this meme until 0.5.0 release.
when do you plan to release 0.5.0?

> * require/load
> In gauche, require works at compile time, not at
> executiontime. SigScheme should be so. Instead of require,
> load actually works at execution time.
> Gauche uses dynamic-load to load shared library.
OK. I confirmed. The last line mean that you want
"dynamic-load"?

# I don't know "require" procedure's definition, it's not
# defined in R5RS. Do you know?

> * vector
> Vector will be very important data structure. Sorted
> vector data will make uim faster. In addition, it would
> reduce memory consumption.
> In Gauche, find, map, for-each, and remove are applyicable
> to vector. This feature need generic function,  I think
> generic function is not  need for SigScheme. So I'll
> propose 'vector-' prefix to impelement map, for-each,
> remove for vector. i.e. vector-map is map for vector.
> * define-record-type
>Defined as SRFI-9, define-record-tipe should be implemented
>to replace current define-record.

This proposal relates to SRFI. I'm now considering about
whether SigScheme implement it. I think SigScheme's core
should be small. So, I plan to implement SRFI's procedures
in Scheme code as much as I can.

How do you think about this?

Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp