[Uim] Version number pocily

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri Jul 22 11:07:46 EEST 2005

Ohayou Hiroyuki,

genki desuka?

I am updating the DocBook document right now, but I have a question.

-On [20050722 08:12], TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki (tkng at xem.jp) wrote:
>Version number policy
>=====================
>
>If minor version is even number, that is a stable release. If minor
>version is odd number, than that is an unstable release.
>
>Each new stable release goes through alpha, beta release for testing
>purpose.
>
>Unlike stable release, each new unstable will be released without
>alpha, beta release because their reason for existence is the test.

Is there any connection between say:

0.6.x and 0.7.x?

Or is 0.7.x the test version for the upcoming 0.8.x series of releases?

What is the policy for features on a stable release?  Is 0.5.x where
features are developed, it then become 0.6.x and it will then only have
bugfixes applied?

Arigatou,

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Any road leads to the end of the world...