[Uim] New version of romaja.scm

David Oftedal david at start.no
Mon Jul 25 15:00:47 EEST 2005

Hello again!

I've generated yet another version of romaja.scm... This version
implements a few extra romanizations as per your advice, however far
from all of them: As of now, it implements the extra romanizations for
"yi" and "weo", which are now also listed as "ui" and "wo", some of the
double vowels ("kk", "tt" and "pp"), and the fix for l/r.

What I found was that as I started adding a lot of extra romanizations
for the vowels, the table-based input method started getting confused
about which syllable I was typing in, and started eating the syllables
in the pre-edit area. For instance, "hwoarang" became "와랑" instead of
"훠아랑" or whatever it's supposed to be. This already happens if you
type  a syllable ending in e immediately followed by an o or an u,
actually, but let's hope noone notices! :) In the end, this means that
if we want a lot of extra romanizations, we'll have to either change the
way UIM interprets these tables, or develop a more advanced romanized
Korean input method in some sort of programming or scripting language.

I might have added some extra romanizations for the consonants, like q
for k and z for j, but I'm not sure if there's any point to it when only
the official romanizations are available for the vowels. Plus, I
accidentally deleted the most current versions of my files and really
need a break. It is possible to add extra romanizations like q for k,
though, in the same way that I did for r and l. If a lot of people start
requesting it, I'll get right on it. ^_^

So, in the end, not quite what we wanted, but a step closer:

http://home.no.net/david/romaja.scm - Get it while it's hot.