[Uim] Remove some arguments from register-im

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Sun Jun 5 23:35:27 EEST 2005

Hi,

I'm thinking current spec of register-im has a problem. When we want to
add new handler, we must extend register-im itself. That is a nightmare.
we need to correspond to this problem.

More concretely, I want to break current register-im into three
procedures. i.e. register-im, add-handler, add-property

* register-im

 Current register-im takes many arguments. It should be reduced. New
register-im should take only three arguments, name, lang, encoding.

* add-handler

 added-handler takes three arguments, im-name, handler-type and handler-
procedure. Maybe register-handler is more appropliate, but I appreciate
add-handler.

* add-property

 This procedure takes takes three arguments, im-name, propery-name and
propery- symbol.

Maybe add-propery is enough, add-handler is excess.

Is there any opinion about this division?

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
tkng at xem.jp