[Uim] Problems with UIM om Fedora Core

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 09:20:57 EEST 2005

David Oftedal wrote:
> Hmm... After updating all the RPMs on my system (meaning UIM was updated
> to version 0.4.6-3, I believe), UIM suddenly stopped working entirely.
> gtk-query-immodules reports only one UIM-related input method to be
> installed, called "uim", which doesn't do anything, and no other input
> methods are reported as installed.

Perhaps this page:

	http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/repoview/U.group.html

will help you to see what uim packages are now in Extras.
Alternatively try "yum search uim". :)

As was already pointed out, for uim-anthy to work currently one needs
anthy-devel installed, since it dynamically loads libanthy*.so.
I think Tagoh is planning to fix that when uim next gets updated.

Jens