[Uim] Copyright description

Masahito Omote omote at t-base.ne.jp
Thu Mar 10 04:35:55 EET 2005

Hello,

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:13:01 +0900
YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> Hi Masahito, please help me.
>
> I would like to modify our license terms as follows, but I'm not
> sure about strict license policies of Linux distros. Is this
> change safe?
>
> At Tue, 01 Mar 2005 06:31:35 +0900,
> yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp wrote:
> >
> > At Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:54:32 +0100,
> > asmodai at wxs.nl wrote:

> > > I think THE REGENTS should be THE AUTHORS.  Since we're not talking about
> > > the Regents of the University of Berkeley.
> >
> > Thank you for the notification. I'll fix the word in all files
> > few days later. Folks, let me know any other issues about our
> > copyright.

This change does not affect to the distro's, I think. At least in Debian, there is no
harm by this change.

And this change is a kind of technical. We does not have to reassignment to comitters and patch
contributers because they have been accepted to redistribute uim under BSD License.

According to http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php, just s/REGENTS/COPYRIGHT HOLDERS/
seems OK.

Thanks,
--