[Uim] Mouse click while editing preedit

Park Jae-hyeon jhpark at kias.re.kr
Thu May 5 12:01:20 EEST 2005

Hello,

I am writing another Korean input module for uim.  I am testing my
input method with uim 0.4.6final1 and gedit on Debian sarge.  It works
almost as I want it to, but there is a serious problem.

If I click at a location within the text area of gedit, different from
the location of the preedit area, when a syllable (or character) is
under composition, then this preedit area jumps to the point at which
I clicked.  I found that the hangul2 input method included in uim also
shows this behavior.

I want my input method to work like this: if I click at a point during
character composition, this character is committed on the present
preedit area and then the cursor moves to the point at which I
clicked.  I found that kinput2 + canna + gedit works in the way I
want.

I tried to do this by inserting code to commit in the reset handler
procedure.  However, this sometimes works, and sometimes does not.
Also, I am not sure whether or not this is a correct way to implement
it because I found a comment in anthy.scm by Mr. YamaKen that code to
commit pending string must not be added to anthy-reset-handler.

Can anybody give me a guide on how to solve this problem, please?

Thanks,

Jae-hyeon Park