[Uim] Meaning of module and plugin (Re: Glossary)

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sun Sep 11 08:14:03 PDT 2005

At Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:01:11 +0200,
asmodai at in-nomine.org wrote:
> -On [20050814 23:53], YamaKen (yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp) wrote:
> >As I described below, uim sometimes requires multiple files to
> >enable an extension. This conflicts with the ordinary plugin
> >concept.
>
> There's another term coming from the Novell corner: snap-in.

Thanks for letting me know. It will be a candidate for the feature.

In addition, we should strongly avoid the name 'module' for it
because the R6RS will introduce a feature named 'module'.

It had been mentioned as "A module system will definitely be
part of R6RS" in following report.

http://www.schemers.org/Documents/Standards/Charter/2004-10-13.pdf

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp