[Uim] Re: uim-xim crashes at startup because of all_locales() returns null

Etsushi Kato ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp
Mon Sep 12 10:27:31 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 11:12:03PM +0900,
Masahito Omote <omote at t-base.ne.jp> wrote:

> I recieved following bug report from Debian BTS.

> Discussing with Alban, this problem caused from get_validate_locales()
> not parsing @euro properly. Adding locales with @euro suffix is the easiest
> way to solve this problem. But if do so, we have to add other suffixes such
> as @abegede, at cyrillic and @saaho. It makes us very tired.

Thanks for the report and the analysis.  I didn't think of such
systems only having C, fr_FR at euro, fr_FR.iso885915 at euro, and POSIX
locales for using uim-xim...  In such systems, only direct IM is
usable.

Anyway, I think adding @euro to locale_map is right way, because
setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "fr_FR") or setlocale(LC_CTYPE,
"fr_FR.ISO8859-15") will fail on this system, but setlocale(LC_CTYPE,
"fr_FR at euro") or setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "fr_FR.ISO859-15 at euro") work as a
French locale.

I'll commit the change later.

Cheers,
--