[Uim] uim 1.4.0-alpha released

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 21:22:53 PST 2006

On 12/30/06, YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> I've released uim 1.4.0-alpha, alpha release of first
> SigScheme-based uim. And this release also includes important GC
> crash fix on SPARC, IA-64, and possibly MIPS, Alpha, m68k. If
> you have these machines, please test and report.

I just tested 1.4.0-alpha and found uim-xim crashed at the startup
with "Error: in scm_symbol_value: unbound variable: uim-candwin-prog"
message.  Can you make uim_scm_symbol_value_str() in uim-compat-scm.c
compatible with SIOD version?  (i.e. don't crash with accessing
unbound symbol with uim_scm_symbol_value_str())

Also it seems 1.4.0-alpha is somewhat slower than previous version in
my old iBook.  Is there anyway to improve the performance (like
changing GC parameters)?

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato