[Uim] Re: IM switching by toolbar (was: "n." in romaji kana input mode of anthy)

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:24:43 EET 2006

Hi,

On 2/20/06, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> At Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:36:46 +0900,
> ek.kato at gmail.com wrote:
> > I've just add icon support on uim-toolbar-gtk.
>
> Good job! The icon-based IM indicator is useful than I expected.

Yep. And we need more IM icons! (direct, byeoru, and so on).
Also currently I've just borrow scim's one (anthy, canna, prime, and skk),
but any improvement is welcome.  Does anyone have still to create them?

> I suppose that icon-attached menu items increase visual
> identifiability on selection. Is it easy to implement?

At a first glance of GtkCheckMenuItem API doc, I cannot find any method to
put icons on the item.  GtkImageMenuItem can use icons, but it doesn't have
 a check box.  I'll search more later.

> > So please set im-switcher.scm loaded by default, YamaKen.
>
> Ok, I'll do it after the problem fix.
>
> > But I found a encoding problem with gettext in im-switcher.scm.
> > When I switch IM to other than Japanese one, the helper message seems
> > to be broken.  Could you confirm and fix the problem?
>
> Fixed. But the another problem (encoding related one) is still
> remaining.

OK. Thanks.

Cheers,
--