[Uim] Toggling input methods

Tomohisa Irino tomoirino at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Jul 29 00:48:30 PDT 2006

Hello again!

Toggling between main IM and sub-IM using short-cut-key promote crashes on gtk and qt application as well as uim-xim and uim-el-agent under conditions below;

 1. PRIME as main IM
 2. PRIME mode is Hiragana input
 3. Toggle to sub-IM such as "direct" or "anthy" using short-cut-key
 4. Toggle back to PRIME using short-cut-key.

When I use gtk or qt application, the load averages of corresponding applications get very high and stack.
When I use xim, uim-xim gets high load average and stacks.
When I use uim.el, uim-el-agent crashes and recovers soon.

If PRIME mode is direct input or the main IM is other than PRIME, there was no problem.
Switching IM with IM-switcher menu works fine.

I confirmed the phenomenon above on Vine Linux 3.2 and Mac OS X 10.4.7.
I hope it is specific only for r3791 but possiblly occurs on 1.2.0-beta.

Best wishes,
Tomo.