[Uim] Focus and cursor position shift handlings (bug #7729)

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 14:06:35 EET 2006

On 11/22/06, Etsushi Kato <ek.kato at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've revised the patch using a new "is-test-widget" attribute for
> GtkWidget.  It still uses "move_cursor" signal to call
> fix_im_context_weakly upon button press, and I didn't touch im reset
> code needed for the displace/place timing.
[...]
> > And as noted above, to revise im reset code in
> > gtkentry.c/gtktextview.c, it requires preedit displace/place handlers
> > in GtkIMContext.  Do you intended that this also shouldn't be touched
> > at the moment?

Here is a combined patch for GTK+-2-10 with fixing the preedit with
button-press of toolbar as in my previous patch, and the revised reset
handling in GtkEntry and GtkTextView with place and displace handlers.
 I think this doesn't break any binary compatibility in GTK+.

Also as I've done implementations of focus and place handler in libuim
and some IMs in svn trunk, you can try a attached patch for uim's GTK+
bridge to test place/displace handlers with above mentioned GTK+
patch.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato