[Uim] problems with uim and prime

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Aug 22 02:59:18 PDT 2007

At Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:20:22 +0900,
renick at gmail.com wrote:

> Uim works to the extent that I can view and set preferences with
> uim-pref-gtk. There, I have selected PRIME as the default input
> method. PRIME appears in the list on the left side of that screen. It
> is in the list of enabled input methods. I can launch the gtk toolbar.
> However, I am unable to input Japanese in any applications. In leafpad
> when I right click, the "input methods" menu only shows "default".

Hmm... Please try to run gtk-query-immodules-2.0. Does it
contain im-uim such as follows?

$ gtk-query-immodules-2.0
"/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-uim.so"
"uim" "uim" "uim" "/usr/share/locale" "ja:ko:zh:*"

> What's more, when I right click on the toolbar and choose "switch
> input method", the list in the window which appears is completely
> blank.

It is caused by the non-existence of uim input context. If you
get the uim gtk-immodule working, it will show the enabled IM
list.

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
FAMILY   Given / Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name