[Uim] [Docs] GTK-immodule not working

Martin Swift martin at swift.is
Mon Feb 5 14:58:58 EET 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 04:16:29PM +0900, Etsushi Kato wrote:
> From gtk.immodules.current, you didn't installed uim's GTK+ immodule
> correctly.
> You should have im-uim.so installed in
> /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/.  Maybe upgrade of GTK+ package
> causes the problem since previous version of GTK+ uses
> /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/immodules directory for it.

I didn't give myself the time to fix it, but an upgrade somewhere in
the last two months fixed the problem.

What do you think of suggesting: "Try to reinstall GTK+ and if that
doesn't
work, please follow the steps below" on
  <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Uim/Troubleshooting>
be a god idea? Would UIM have to be reinstalled as well?

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 09:52:14AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen
wrote:
> >  * What are "uim-related" packages? Just uim + dictionaries, or
> >  also
> >    gtk+ and/or Qt?
>
> All packages that depend on libuim (both directly and
> indirectly). So all packages you listed should once be
> uninstalled. It gets rid of unexpected problems in upgrade
> procedure, stale dependencies and so on.
>
> >  * Why would rebooting be necessary? If the X settings are all
> >  that
> >    need to be reset, wouldn't restarting X be enough?
>
> Since the instruction "restart X" may involve some
> misunderstanding and/or unknown factors. For example:

OK, I've put:
  1. Remove all uim-related packages (uim, dictionaries, GTK+ and Qt).
  2. Reboot
  3. Reinstall
up on the Troubleshooting page.

Thanks for the help, guys. Feel free to suggest any changes to the
Troubleshooting page that might make developer support easier on you.

Cheers,
Martin

--
\u270C