[Uim] uim 1.5.0 TODO list

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Mon Jan 8 12:16:47 EET 2007

Hi developers,

Since no bugs for 1.4.0 are pending, I would like to start 1.5.0
development on trunk from now on.

On 1.5.0, these configure options for SigScheme will be added
one by one in listed order.

  --disable-compat-siod-bugs
  --enable-strict-toplevel-definitions
  --enable-char
  --enable-srfi75 (may be replaced with --enable-r6rs-char)
  --enable-string-procedures
  --enable-vector
  --enable-srfi8
  --enable-srfi2

So as first step, please add --disable-compat-siod-bugs to your
build and debug scm/ codes. Properly distinguish #f and (),
eliminate malformed let and let* forms (such as (let ((var))
exp)), not to car or cdr null list.

And I'll simplify libuim internals in addition to validation for
above features.

--enable-hygienic-macro will probably not activated in 1.5.0 due
to its heavy validation and fix cost. Despite the macro expander
itself which Jun wrote has good quality along with unit tests,
its integration into SigScheme is in partway. At least
identifier and symbol distinctions are not complete in several
codes of SigScheme.

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
FAMILY   Given / Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name