[Uim] uim 1.5.0 TODO list

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Jan 27 08:02:28 EET 2007

At Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:03:52 +0900,
ek.kato at gmail.com wrote:

> On 1/27/07, YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > At Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:15:41 +0900,
> > ek.kato at gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > As far as I can tell, GCROOTS_with_callee_saves_pushed() in
> > > gc7.0alpha7 sometimes doesn't work with Mac OS X 10.3 ppc for some
> > > reason.  If I use push_regs() in asm code from gc6.8, it seems to work
> > > fine.  Can I commit the attached patch?
> >
> > It has realized that I had mis-modified Darwin-related
> > conditional compilation around getcontext() to get work on old
> > Darwin. Thank you.
> >
> > Doesn't the patch attached work?
>
> Nope, it not the problem.  Your patch doesn't change anything the
> output of preprocess and causes illegal hardware instruction.

Is this an actual result?

> The problem here is calling __builtin_unwind_init() causes weird
> behavior sometimes.  In gc6.8, DARWIN doesn't use
> GC_generic_push_regs(), so __builtin_unwind_init() is never called.

With my patch, it is expected that __builtin_unwind_init() will
never be called if defined(UNIX_LIKE) && HAVE_GETCONTEXT. And
getcontext() is selected instead of __builtin_unwind_init() in
GC_with_callee_saves_pushed(). Please let me know the values of
HAVE_PUSH_REGS, UNIX_LIKE and HAVE_GETCONTEXT on your
environment.

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
FAMILY   Given / Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name