[Uim] uim 1.5.0 TODO list

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 09:04:15 EET 2007

On 1/27/07, YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > Mac OS X 10.3 doesn't have getcontext althoguht it has header files.
> >
> > UNIX_LIKE -> yes
> > HAVE_PUSH_REGS -> no (and yes with USE_ASM_PUSH_REGS patch)
> > HAVE_GETCONTEXT -> no
>
> I didn't know the header-only issue and that such a recent
> version of Mac OS X is lacking getcontext(). Thanks. So only
> 10.4.x is having it?

Not sure.  I don't have access to 10.4 (and 10.5) yet.

> Which version of gcc on 10.3?

gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1671)

> And is the __builtin_unwind_init()
> problem gcc-generic or Mac OS X specific?

Not sure.

> And finally, does this workaround effect?
>
> mach_dep.c:
> -#   elif defined(HAVE_BUILTIN_UNWIND_INIT)
> +#   elif 0 && defined(HAVE_BUILTIN_UNWIND_INIT)

Yes.  Generic _setjmp() code seems to work with a instantaneous test.
But I'm not sure this is appropriate for Darwin ppc.  In gc6.8,
_GC_push_regs() in powerpc_darwin_mach_dep.s is used from
GC_push_roots() in mark_rts.c.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato