[UTF-8] Aspell and UTF-8/Unicode

Danilo Segan dsegan@gmx.net
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:06:56 +0100

Danilo Segan <dsegan@gmx.net> writes:

> Accented Cyrillic.

Just to make it clear -- I don't talk here about normalized composed
and decomposed forms -- there're no needed accented Cyrillic glyph
in ISO 10646-1 or Unicode character table at all: they *must* be
composed.

So, I need to at least be able to enter them in the dictionary (even
if accents are considered separate characters, that's something I can
live with, because I would define phonetic similarity between them
and a single char, probably) and word list, and checked as usual.

That's where my belief that all this would be possible with aspell
comes from, if it supported a wider character set.

Of course, using one of the normalized forms would be best thing
around, but that's more on the line of complete Unicode support, and
much bigger job than simply allowing UTF-8.

Cheers,
Danilo