[VDPAU] Weave de-interlacing

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Mon Apr 23 16:39:57 PDT 2012

Hi.

Looking at the spec on line I see that Weave de-interlacing is the same
as no de-interlacing, which makes me wonder what the point of it is.

Where there at any time other plans for it?

I ask because it seems it could have some use -

If it were allowed to be called at field rate then it would possibly be
better looking than frame rate weave.

Perhaps another use would be to indicate for doing mpeg style 4:2:0
interlaced CSC rather than progressive, so chroma didn't bleed between
fields.

If called by field it would also allow the decoder to communicate field
order to the display process - so in theory the driver could do field
sync if driving an interlaced display. My TV when in an interlaced mode
will do a pretty good deinterlace for free - of course it's no use
without sync.

Just curious.

Andy.