[VDPAU] about VdpPresentationQueueSetBackgroundColor

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Fri Jun 21 08:29:10 PDT 2013

JuneyWang at viatech.com.cn wrote at Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:58 PM:
> Dear Stephen,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply.
> Do you know why FlashPlayer sets alpha=1.0 but not sets to other values? What result does they want
> from their opinion?

Sorry, I don't have any insight into why Flash Player is putting any
particular value in the alpha channel. For the R/G/B components, I
expect they aren't "not setting" the other values, but rather they are
deliberately setting them to 0.0 in order to get a black background. I
don't recommend that since black is a rather common color, and that will
cause an overlay-based presentation queue to "show through" windows other
than the video window. A close-to-black-but-uncommon color would be a
better choice if you want a black background, or better yet, just don't
call this API.