[VDPAU] Support H264 Hi10 via vdpau

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Oct 26 10:03:54 PDT 2013

Le samedi 26 octobre 2013 16:08:07 Peter Frühberger a écrit :
> The attached patches bump libvdpau and add the two fields that are
> needed to support decoding hi10p via vdpau and e.g. radeon oss uvd
> decoder.
>
> Changes are for libvdpau and vdpauinfo

As far as I understand binary compatibility, adding two fields to a structure
is not a backward-compatible. If a non-Hi10p application running with a Hi10p
driver, the application will not allocate memory space nor initialize the two
new fields and the driver will perform invalid reads.

And then, does Hi10 not need new chroma types to work? Or are you only trying
to decode 10-bits content to 8-bits?

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/