[virglrenderer-devel] Multiple Virtual Displays

Anderson, Jason jander10 at jaguarlandrover.com
Thu May 26 15:51:51 UTC 2016

Hi List,

I asked this in the IRC channel, sorry if I am asking someone to repeat
themselves.

I am looking to setup a system using QEmu that we can use for testing and
development.  The requirement is that the virtualized system must support
3d hardware acceleration, which has been provided by virgl renderer, as
well as support up to 7 display outputs from a single GPU.

I've dug through the QEmu side, and I see that the "max_outputs" property
is set to 1 by default in virtio-gpu.c.  I have tried changing this to 3,
which seems to expose 3 connectors/encoders/crtc to the driver when running
the system; however, they do not seem to get attached to any fb.

In an ideal world, if I run QEmu with -dispaly sdl,gl=on,   I would like to
see one window opened up for each virtual output.  If this is not possible,
is it possible to have one very large frame buffer, and map different
regions of it to different named outputs for use by Weston?  Are there any
other options I am not considering, or am I crazy?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can provide.

*Jason Anderson*
Lead Software Developer

*T: *+1.971.256.9700
*Email:*  jander10 at jaguarlandrover.com <bellis at jaguarlandrover.com>