[virglrenderer-devel] Multiple Virtual Displays

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri May 27 06:59:57 UTC 2016

  Hi,

>         I am looking to setup a system using QEmu that we can use for
>         testing and development.  The requirement is that the
>         virtualized system must support 3d hardware acceleration,
>         which has been provided by virgl renderer, as well as support
>         up to 7 display outputs from a single GPU.
>

> The multimonitor support is so far quite incomplete or untested afaik.

There shouldn't be anything missing.

It hasn't seen much testing though, thats why max_outputs defaults to 1.

> You can enable extra monitors. For example, with the gtk display,
> switch the monitor with the "View" menu, you should have several
> "virtio-vga" outputs (as many as max_outputs). This will trigger a
> reconfiguration, that you can verify with xrandr output.

Yep, that is the idea:  The guest should see monitor hotplug events if
you open a window for the second display, then reconfigure itself to use
the new display.

> I just started looking at kernel code to understand the wrong offset
> bug, but I am quite confident Dave will be much faster at fixing it.

I'll have a look, I'm busy hacking the kernel driver atm anyway.

cheers,
  Gerd