[virglrenderer-devel] Towards gles 3.1

Gert Wollny gert.wollny at collabora.com
Fri Jun 8 15:11:04 UTC 2018

Dear all,

with nearly all of the gles2 and gles3 tests passing now (although some
patches still need to be reviewed and commited) we thought it could be
now time to look into support for gles 3.1 on the guest side.

As pointed out in this bug report [1] patches for experimental support
already exists for virglrenderer and mesa, but at least virglrenderer
master diverged quite a lot from the tree [2] where this was
implemented.

My take on this would be to rebase the preliminary work done in [2],
but since virglrenderer is now hosted on gitlab.fdo [3] I'd prefer to
do this work on a fork hosted there (regardless of whether we start to
use pull requests or not).

Any comments are welcome, I'll probably start with this on Monday

Best,
Gert

[1] https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=828696
[2] https://github.com/gurchetansingh/virglrenderer-gles31