[virglrenderer-devel] write access and CI

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 04:17:19 UTC 2019

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 21:49, Gert Wollny <gert.wollny at collabora.com> wrote:

> Hello Dave,
>
> since Jakob doesn't work much more on virglrenderer we were wondering
> whether you could give me write access, and give me more detail about
> how MRs should be merged. I think Jakob always adds another Signed-Of
> when he pushed changes. In mesa I usually add all the R-b tags and then
> use the merge button.

Well for Mesa you usually are pushing stuff yourself, whereas here we
were limiting it. I suppose we could allow everyone to push, I've made
everyone developers at least now and made you a maintainer.

Ideally we add the S-o-b of the maintainer, push to the original
branch (though this assumes the original MR has the box ticked to
allow us to push), and then click the merge button. Since most people
forget and I'm not really that caring about tracking merge stats, I've
just being doing the S-o-b, pushing to master, and closing the MR.

> Then there was the question about the CI. In light of how how d9a4be4d
> broke the dEQP on the GLES host it would have been nice to have this
> enabled at least for merge requests. Granted with softpipe as a host
> driver many test are not run, but it would still help to avoid gotchas
> like that (There is still !137 to make the output more stable though).

I'm happy to enable CI and look at the results if someone else covers
the maintaining it and if it gets brutally in the way I might bypass
it sometimes, but for this sort of change it seems like would
definitely be valuable to have for MRs.

Dave.