[virglrenderer-devel] multiprocess model and GL

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Feb 7 08:14:03 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 06, 2020 at 02:13:41PM -0800, Chia-I Wu wrote:
> I pushed minimal
>
>   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/virgl/drm-misc-next/commits/olv/resource-v4
>
> based on kraxel/memory-v4 that demonstrates only capset and resource
> creation.  The highlights are
>
> 1) add VIRTIO_GPU_F_MULTI_RENDERER as a generalization of VIRTIO_GPU_F_VIRGL

Why this?  I'd prefer F_VULKAN

https://git.kraxel.org/cgit/linux/commit/?h=drm-virtio-memory-v4&id=28f9d1cb04ffe54121202ed9d09352cf4dad27ca

(we probably also want a VIRTIO_GPU_CAPSET_VULKAN)

The host then can advertise VIRGL or VULKAN or both ...

> 2) VIRTIO_GPU_CMD_RESOURCE_CREATE_BLOB is made more extensible (to the
> degree that it can support Gurchetan's args[] if we choose to)

/me wonders what the point of virtio_gpu_resource_create_blob.virgl is.
Why not simply continue using CREATE_3D for these use cases?  We have to
keep that anyway for backward compatibility reasons ...

cheers,
  Gerd