[waffle] Getting started with Waffle and Piglit

Chad Versace chad.versace at linux.intel.com
Tue May 22 14:36:25 PDT 2012

On 05/22/2012 06:49 AM, Heikkila, Juha-pekka wrote:
> Hi Chad, all,

> I will start digging into Waffle first thing in the morning. I understood piglit works now with waffle under X11 so for now I can use it for reference how things should go?
>
> /Juha-Pekka

To get started, I suggest installing waffle-0.3 and then building Piglit from my waffle-v8 branch [1]. Build instructions for waffle are at http://people.freedesktop.org/~chadversary/waffle/releases.html. When you build Piglit, the CMake option USE_WAFFLE needs to be enabled. Then, you can run tests with X11/EGL by setting the environment variable PIGLIT_PLATFORM=x11_egl.

If you wish to experiment with something simpler than Piglit, there is a small example program at $WAFFLE_TOP/examples/gl_basic.c.

[1] git://people.freedesktop.org/~chadversary/piglit.git ; waffle-v8

----
Chad Versace
chad.versace at linux.intel.com