[waffle] Hi just found out about this project.

Chad Versace chad.versace at linux.intel.com
Sun Nov 11 09:15:01 PST 2012

After thinking about it again this weekend, I can see how having a
GLES1,GLES2 to D3D translation layer in Waffle would be useful, and it fits in
nicely with a planned, future feature of Waffle. The new feature is a
reproduction of GLEW's functionality---dispatching GL extension functions and their aliases---
but at the granularity of thread and context for all GL API's. This way, if
one thread has a GLES2 context bound and another has a GL 3.2 compat context
bound, each thread will be able to resolve and dispatch extension functions independently.

I think ANGLE integration fits in nicely with this feature. However, I'm
postponing the dispatch work until I finish the tasks I'm currently working on.

You're re-implementing Waffle in Go! In the early stages in Waffle's development,
I considered writing Waffle in Go, but eventually decided against it. I'm
really interested in seeing what your re-implementation looks like.

-Chad