[waffle] [Piglit] [ANNOUNCE] waffle-1.2.2

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:40:02 PST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Chad Versace
<chad.versace at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 11/27/2012 07:47 PM, Marek Olšák wrote:
>> HI Chad,
>>
>> FYI, the core GL support in the GLX backend of waffle and/or piglit
>> seems to be broken. All piglit tests that specify the core GL version
>> and are run on a driver which cannot create a core GL context (that is
>> any open driver except i965), always fail. The tests report
>> GLXBadFBConfig and just die. I think the piglit_init function isn't
>> even reached.
>>
>> I don't use EGL.
>>
>> Marek
>
> Marek,
>
> I tried some experiments with i965 and older versions of Mesa in an
> attempt to reproduce your problem, but I can't. In the two experiments
> I tried below, the behavior was exactly as expected.
>
> * Test 1: Against i965 from mesa-7.11, which supports only GL 2.1 and no
> GLX_ARB_create_context.
>
>> PIGLIT_DEBUG=1 PIGLIT_PLATFORM=glx ./gl-3.1-minmax
> piglit: debug: waffle_config_choose failed due to WAFFLE_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_ON_PLATFORM: GLX_ARB_create_context is required in order to request a GL version not equal to the default value 1.0
> piglit: info: Failed to create GL 3.1 core context
> Mesa: Initializing x86-64 optimizations
> Test requires GL version 3.1
> PIGLIT: {'result': 'skip' }
>

> * Test 2: Against i965 from mesa-9.0.1, which supports GL 3.1 core, and an Xserver
> without GLX_ARB_create_context.
>
>> PIGLIT_DEBUG=1 PIGLIT_PLATFORM=glx ./gl-3.1-minmax
> piglit: debug: waffle_config_choose failed due to WAFFLE_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_ON_PLATFORM: GLX_ARB_create_context is required in order to request a GL version not equal to the default value 1.0
> piglit: info: Failed to create GL 3.1 core context
> Test requires GL version 3.1
> PIGLIT: {'result': 'skip' }
>

> Please run, with PIGLIT_DEBUG=1, the piglit test that's causing you trouble
> and send me the output. Hopefully that will be enough for me to identify
> and fix the bug.

PIGLIT_DEBUG doesn't print anything. All I get is:

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadFBConfig
  Major opcode of failed request:  154 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  34 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  22

I get the same error with gallium and classic swrast.

Marek