[waffle] Waffle Mac Patches

Chad Versace chad.versace at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 25 11:34:22 PDT 2012

[CC'ing waffle list]

On 09/24/2012 09:50 PM, Jeff wrote:
> Hi Chad,
>
> Nice presentation on waffle at XDC! I was trying to build it on OSX and ran
> into some issues with the current git master. I made some patches that fix
> the build and attached them if you are interested in applying them (all 3
> are attached)
>
> The first one fixes compile issues in the cgl backend with things like
> WAFFLE_UNSUPPORTED_ON_PLATFORM, being renamed to
> WAFFLE_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_ON_PLATFORM.
>
> The second one fixes a compile issue I was having with including Cocoa.h in
> gl_basic.c with Cocoa.h somehow also including gl.h
>
> The third one adds Xcode projects to build a waffle static library and
> gl_basic (which links to it). Although the cmake build system works well,
> it's really nice having a full featured IDE and debugger available for use
> on OSX.
>
> I apologize if this is not the right channel, or if my patches are not good
> (I'm happy to tweak them according to your feedback).

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the fixes, and apologies for letting the Mac support bitrotting. I
committed all your patches to master. Next time I make global changes, such as
renaming enums, I'll be sure to pull the dusty MacBook out of the closet and
sanity check things before committing.

> Although the cmake build system works well,
> it's really nice having a full featured IDE and debugger available

Agreed, it's nice to have full-featured IDE integration. I've never successfully
used Xcode, though, so I'm trusting that your patch does the right thing :)

-Chad