[waffle] waffle man pages & 80 columns

Chad Versace chad.versace at linux.intel.com
Wed Apr 30 18:51:15 PDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 03:33:36PM -0700, Jordan Justen wrote:
> Debian's lintian tool is flagging a manpage-has-errors-from-man warning on:
> * waffle_config.3
> * waffle_context.3
> * waffle_display.3
> * waffle_is_extension_in_string.3
> * waffle_window.3
>
> I guess the issue is that these man pages have issues with reflowing
> lines > 80 characters.

Have you determined which lines are problematic?

I looked at `man waffle_context` and `man
waffle_is_extension_in_string` in a skinny terminal of about 50 columns.
The only problems I see are long urls (which we can't do anything about)
and the function prototypes. The function prototypes look *awful* in
a skinny terminal.

So... what's wrong with the XML for prototypes? I'm no XML or Docbook or
manpage expert. So I'm lost here too.